Majin Bone (2/5)- Skip

A child uncovers a suit of armor under a rock and fights against other armored animal themed dudes. There are good animal themed dudes and evil animal themed dudes. You can tell the bad guys because they are all bug themed and bugs, I guess , are inherantly evil. So far we've met green guy, yellow guy, and their leader blue guy. In typical fashion all of the armored guys are really impressed by the main character but we as a audience aren't entirely sure why. Blue leader has a button that he pushes which makes the world go all crazy VR for some reason. We presume that it acts like a alternate dimension of some sort but again nothing has been explained. 

If what I've just written elated you for some reason I'd love to hear why. Perhaps I've missed the wagon on Majin Bone. Now that I have all that bile out of my system let me speak in earnest about what I thought of the first two episodes of Majin Bone.  Despite the above mentioned lack of compelling story the show has some budding charm. If I had to summarize my beef with the show it would have to be that we've all seen this show before.  I would say that if you seen more than 5 anime shows in your life skip it, and if you've seen less than 5 shows in your life definitely skip it as I don't want this to potietially sour all the golden apple goodness of the genre for you. There are better things you could be watching.  Not even critically aclaimed stuff but there are just better versions of what this show is than this one. 

The animation has a mostly smooth feel to it though I can't imagine the team behind this project will win any awards for it. This is a commercial enterprise so they are making the show to sell the toys. Which isn't out the gate a bad thing but unfortunately this show misses the mark in nearly every category. 

Skip. 

Comments