Suicide Squad Isekai

Suicide Squad Isekai  is an upcoming anime television series based on the DC Comics team Suicide Squad. It will be produced by Warner Bros. Japan and animated by Wit Studio, with Eri Osada serving as director, Tappei Nagatsuki and Eiji Umehara as the screenwriters, Naoto Hosoda as the character designer, and Kenichiro Suehiro as the composer. Manga artist Akira Amano will provide the original character drafts.


When I first saw this posted online, to be frank, I thought this was a very well made fan parody.  Overtime I think that I'm happy that it's real.  As someone that believes that art should take risks and try new things rather than merely rehashing the same old properties...this should piss me off.  

It is very easy to imagine the corporate suits at Warner Bros looking over market research, see the trend of Isekai, and apply their most marketable character properties to the premise.  The scenerio that I just describled undoubtedly happened.

Overtime though...meh what the hell let's see Harley Quinn and Joker get Isekai'd!  In my naivety I'll say that I can't imagine that it would hurt the DC brand anymore than it's recent entrants so let's at least have fun and JK roll our way through this thing.

The studio producing the Suicide Squad Isekai is Wit Studio and I've listed a couple of the other anime's that they have produced as well.

Other Wit Studio Properties

Attack on Titan Season 1

Spy X Family Season 1

Comments